DAL Global Services GSE Mech Semi Skilled - ABQ Airport in Albuquerque, New Mexico
* POSITION SUMMARY *
Under the supervision of the Station Manager, Regional Manager, or General Manager, the Semi-skilled Ground Support Equipment Mechanic (GSE) is responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on non-specialized ground support or stationary equipment such as baggage/jet tugs and other vehicles, loading bridges, stationary air conditioning units, baggage conveyor systems, ground power units, water cabinets and other equipment in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
* ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TASKS *
-Performs preventative and routine maintenance on ground equipment such as oil changes, adding coolants, tire changes and hydraulic fluid addition.
- Performs minor repair of stationary equipment.
- Transports the vehicle to be repaired by driving, towing or pushing vehicle into service bay.
- Inspects parts and/or motor vehicles to identify defective or broken parts, proper fluid levels and general wear.
- Performs troubleshooting of ground support or stationary equipment.
- Assists GSE Mechanic-Skilled when needed.
- Ensures tools and equipment are maintained in a safe and good working condition.
- Keeps work area clean and free of any safety hazards.
- All other duties as assigned.
* KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES *
- Knowledge of heavy-duty diesel/automotive equipment, electrical and hydraulic systems and operation of power tools is required.
- Understands and applies DGS, Safety, Security, Ramp, FAA, and Station policies and procedures.
- Have a bility totroubleshoot, disassemble, clean, check, repair, rework, replace, fabricate, assemble, install and adjust any automotive and ground equipment, machinery, accessories, parts, etc.
- Must be able to operate power tools.
- At the minimum, a high school diploma or a GED is preferred.
- Prefer ASE (Society of Automotive Engineers) certification.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Able to lift/move/push/pull up to 70 lbs. unassisted constantly throughout the work day.
This description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Particular functions, tasks and requirements may vary or be added depending upon the location and operational requirements. The text on this site does not represent a contract of employment and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
United States of America-New Mexico-Albuquerque